Import VobSub (IDX and SUB)
from this feature is the abillity to rip subtitles from DVD video.
To do so, you'll need to install VobSub Subtitles Ripper program which is available to download
and use for free (and the GUI is very easy to
use). With that program, you can rip dvd video subtitles and save them in two
sperated files, one with 'idx' extension and the other one with 'sub'. With ASM,
you'll be able to open the idx file format which should be named as same as the
file with the sub extension.
Here will eplain how to import the idx file
assuming that you alread have both the idx and sub saved using VobSub Subtitltes
NOTE: the file of idx extension MUST be named same as
the file with sub extension otherwise it will not work.
- Start AHD Subtitles Maker Professional (new
project or your project)
- Go to Tools>Import VobSub (IDX/SUB)
- Browse for the idx file then click
- A new window will show up, in the left list, select
the subtitle you want to change text for.
- In the right, enter the text you see in the
- Repeat steps 4-5 for the rest of the
- Click ok.
Entering texts for large count of subtitles may take long
time. Using the auto rip (or as known as ocr) will save time by using image
compare technology to convert the sub-picture to text.
- In the auto rip section under the text box, change the
method you want to use. There are 3 methods:
Normal: for clear sub-picture subtitles,
None-compressed: for a large sub-picture with
main color, Emphasis2 as background color: this is a very rare
situation that I faced with some mkv files.
How to choose ? if the
sub-picture is a clear text image, select the Normal
method. If the picture is huge and the subtitle is very small,
select the None-compressed method. but if the picture is huge, the subtitle is
very small and not visible (usually grayed out) then chose Emphasis1 as main color, Emphasis2 as background
- Specify the subtitle index number you want to start from
if you want to
- If you have a chars matrix file you want to use, click
Load chars matrix file button.
- Click Start auto rip button.
- A new window will show up with the subtitle text, ask you
to enter the letter you see in the small box (or the letter you see in the red
rectangle), enter the letter then click next or press enter.
- The window in step 4 may show again, enter the requested
text then click next. The entered letter will be saved for the letter image
data and if the next subtitle sub-picture includes the same letter image, it
will converted automatically to the letter you entered and sometimes you will
not see the window in the picture.
- When done with all subtitles, it will ask you if you want
to save the chars matrix file. This file is important if you have another mkv
file have subtitles saved with the same font. The matrix will make things go
faster since it save letter images data and the text that match each letter
Copyright © Ala
Ibrahim Hadid 2009 - 2015